Do you have teeth that are crooked, malaligned, or a bite that is off?
Dr. Keya Patel is a Buckhead area Invisalign provider and she can straighten your smile for improved dental health and smile confidence. Invisalign is a clear aligner system that will gently reposition the teeth for a smile that is more functional, comfortable, and healthy. Teeth that are crooked can be the underlying cause of a range of dental health-related concerns including bite problems.
Why choose Invisalign?
Invisalign can provide several key benefits for patients with mild to moderate orthodontic needs. Dr. Patel has the training and experience to help patients make an informed decision about their dental health needs. She will perform a thorough examination to evaluate your teeth, gums, and bite before recommending Invisalign. The benefits of Invisalign include:
- Clear, discreet aligners: teen and adult patients appreciate the option to address their orthodontic needs without visible braces.
- No food restrictions: Invisalign aligners are removable for eating meals and enjoying your favorite foods.
- Convenient for daily oral hygiene: removing your aligners for brushing and flossing allows you to keep your teeth and gums as healthy as possible throughout treatment.
- Comfortable treatment: there are no metal parts to Invisalign aligners, making your treatment more comfortable and minimizing irritation of the gums and soft tissues.
- Shorter treatment times: for most patients, Invisalign can typically achieve the desired result in 12-15 months.
Invisalign: what to expect
Dr. Patel will provide a personalized treatment plan to address your specific needs and cosmetic goals after your initial consultation. We use a digital scanner to take your dental impressions for use in creating your custom set of aligners. Once complete, you will return to our office for the placement of the first aligner or set of aligners. Dr. Patel and our dental care team will provide personalized care instructions.
Key elements of treatment include:
- Aligners are to be worn for 22 hours a day, removing for eating and daily oral hygiene.
- Most patients will change their aligners approximately every 2 weeks.
- Patients will come in for regular treatment checkups periodically, depending on their treatment needs.
We offer some answers to common questions regarding Invisalign treatment below. If you have more specific concerns or would like to explore your treatment needs and options, schedule a consultation with Dr. Patel in our Buckhead dentist office.
Am I a candidate for Invisalign?
Most patients are considered candidates for treatment with Invisalign. Dr. Patel will provide her recommendations after your consultation and exam. For more severe orthodontic or bite-related concerns we can refer you to a local orthodontist.
Is Invisalign covered by insurance?
Our office will help you determine any orthodontic benefits if you have dental insurance. Most dental insurance plans that include orthodontics will cover only a portion of total treatment costs. We offer convenient payment plans through third-party financing to cover total treatment costs.
Will I need to wear a retainer after completing treatment?
Yes, the use of a retainer is important for maintaining the stability of your new smile. At first, the retainer may need to be worn for a specified number of hours daily and then only at night.